Downloading the Font
- Click on the link to start the download of the font.
- Click <Save> in
Download window that opens.
- In the Save As window, use the Save
in drop-down list to select the
folder in which you wish to save the file.
- Click <Save>.
Extracting (unzip) the Downloaded File
- To extract the downloaded file:
- If you are presented with a window
(after download is completed) with the buttons <Open>; <Open
Folder> and <Close>,
- If you are not presented with this window, open Windows
the folder you saved the font file to and double-click the file.
- Click once on the file name to highlight it and then click Extract
If Winzip is installed it will launch automatically.
If you do not have winzip or a similar program installed but you are using
Windows XP, it will extract similarly. (if you are not using Windows XP
and do not have a program like Winzip, you can download a free evaluation
the instructions in the Extraction Wizard window that is launched.
(Note: Typically you should chose the same folder to extract
the file to that you chose to download to. The Extraction
Wizard should select
this folder automatically for you. If it does not, or if you
wish to extract the file to a different location, you can click <Browse> when
prompted and select an alternate location for the extraction.)
the Extraction Wizard has completed the extraction, close all
windows that are open.
Installing the Font
- From your Start menu, select Settings and then Control
Note: In Windows XP default mode, select Start and then Control Panel
- Double-click the Fonts folder.
- From the File menu, select Install New Font.
- Locate the font you wish to install.
- From the Drives list,
select the drive containing the folder of the font you
wish to install.
- From the Folders list,
find and double-click the folder that contains the font
you wish to install. The font(s) in the folder appears
above in the List
of Fonts box.
- In the List of fonts box, select the
font you wish to install.
- Ensure that the Copy fonts to the Fonts folder check box is selected.
- Click <OK> to install the font.
Note for users of Internet Explorer version 7
The Inuktitut font may not display on your screen if you are using Internet Explorer 7. If you are experiencing this problem, please do the following:
- In Internet Explorer 7, go to "Tools", then choose "Internet Options".
- In the Internet Options box, click on "Fonts".
- In Fonts, go to the pull down menu and choose "Canadian syllabics".
- Then click on Pigiarniq to select this font and click on "OK"