Tourism Growth Program
Tourism drives economic development and diversification in many regions and communities across Canada. Delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies, the Tourism Growth Program provides $108 million over three years to support Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities, small- and medium-sized businesses and not-for-profit organizations in growing and developing local tourism products and experiences. The program also complements supports for the tourism sector provided through other federal, provincial and territorial programs.
The TGP contributes to the Federal Tourism Growth Strategy, which charts a course for long-term growth, investment, and stability in Canada’s tourism sector, from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
Eligible clients include:
- Incorporated small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) operating in the tourism sector
- Indigenous-owned businesses (including Indigenous sole proprietors) or Indigenous tourism organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations, Indigenous Economic Development Corporations
- Governments (municipal/provincial/territorial and related entities)
Eligible projects should provide added value to existing activities in the tourism sector and focus on business and economic growth. Priority may be given to projects that:
- increase tourism benefits for communities
- support the Indigenous tourism industry
- support economic, environmental and cultural sustainability
- support active outdoor experiences
- extend the tourism season (projects which promote and/or develop products, services or experiences, with an aim to increase tourism activity outside the traditional season or to extend their services year-round)
For more information
If you have any questions about the Tourism Growth Program, please contact us by email at email@example.com or reach out to one of our regional offices by phone.
Nunavut Regional Office
Northwest Territories Regional Office
Yukon Regional Office
Thank you for your feedback