Community Readiness and Opportunities Planning (CROP)
The Community Readiness and Opportunities Planning (CROP) program is one of two program contribution streams of the Northern Indigenous Economic Opportunities Program (NIEOP).
CROP works to improve the economic development capacity of Indigenous communities and increase economic development in the three territories. It achieves this by providing financial support to First Nations, Inuit, Métis and non-status Indigenous communities so they can improve their capacity and prepare to plan for, pursue, and participate in economic opportunities.
The objective of CROP is to:
- Increase community employment
- Enhance the use and increase the value of resources under the control of the community
- Generate more community government revenue from economic development
- Enhance community economic development and other infrastructure
- Develop opportunities to access resources that are not under the control of the community
- Generate more investments in the community
- Create a better climate and environment for community economic development
- Generate more and larger community businesses
- Produce more contracts and sales for community businesses
- Increase capacity within community governments to seize future economic development opportunities
For More Information
For any questions regarding CROP, or to request an application form, please email Operations@cannor.gc.ca or reach out to one of our regional offices by phone.
Thank you for your feedback