Regional innovation ecosystems
Funding under this program stream helps create, grow and develop strong and inclusive regional networks that support business growth and innovation. This will foster the entrepreneurial environment necessary for more innovative regional economies and increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME).
CanNor’s investments target not-for-profit organizations that provide support to businesses at each stage of development in areas where there are opportunities for growth and where investments will further enhance business support networks for under-represented groups—including women, Indigenous peoples and young entrepreneurs—promoting their entrepreneurial talent.
Investments under this program stream will:
- grow and sustain strategic clusters and groups to leverage regional strengths and support businesses in scaling up and commercializing innovative products, technologies and services;
- enhance the development and reach of business accelerators and incubators and other organizations that support entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovative companies with high-growth potential; and
- support projects led by innovation-oriented organizations to increase and promote business productivity, global competiveness, investment and talent attraction.
Additional CanNor Programs
- Strategic Investments in Northern Economic Development (SINED)
- Northern Aboriginal Economic Opportunities Program (NAEOP)
- Women Entrepreneurship Fund
For more information about CanNor programs, please contact CanNor.Operations.CanNor@canada.ca
- Date modified: